ICX Media is a DC-based social video intelligence start-up; we use machine learning and natural language processing to understand audiences and to identify patterns and trends in social media data. These insights help inform content creation and acquisition strategies for media and entertainment companies.
The Analytics team at ICX Media is highly solutions-oriented, focused on providing the right balance of automated product and outside-of-product solutions and custom analysis to meet our client’s needs. The Analytics team works closely with both the Product and the Engineering team to automate and productize common client requests.
Additionally, the Analytics team is responsible for translating often complex data into simple to understand and actionable insights.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
- Dedicated and knowledgeable peers, including senior Python programmers and machine learning practitioners who serve as mentors.
- Truly cutting-edge technology, leveraged in sensible and practical ways.
- Interactive learning environment.
YOUR COMMITMENT TO US
- Getting the job done
- Openness to a diverse set of ideas
- Willingness to do anything to be successful
- Play well with others
- Situational awareness and common sense
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Mining, analysis, and visualization of video, engagement, and consumer data from both social media platforms and 1st party data sources.
- Collaborating with product management and engineering teams to understand customer and prospect customer needs and devise possible solutions.
- Communicating data insights to key stakeholders and to customers through custom reports, collaborative presentations with Product and Business Development team members, and ICX Media web app data.
- Experimenting with new data sources and combinations of existing data sources to solve client needs. Bonus points if you already have experience with social platform APIs!
- Identifying and communicating client data request patterns to product and engineering teams to build software solutions for common needs
EXPERIENCE OR QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Live in the Washington, D.C. Metro Area
- Minimum 2 years of Analytics experience
- Experience with communicating technical or data-heavy insights to non-technical prospects or customers
- Experience with SQL, Python, and R
- Experience with collecting data from social media sources
- Background in Business Analytics, Data Journalism, and/or Technical Writing
We operate in a fast-paced dynamic environment where everyone on the team is committed to the success and growth of ICX Media. Our culture is highly entrepreneurial, and our success comes from our employees who voice their opinions and ideas to facilitate growth to our bottom line. We reward hard work, support career development, offer comprehensive benefits and foster a fun and friendly work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone calls, please. Please reference the position you’re applying for in the subject.