ICX Media is pioneering the future of Data Inspired Storytelling.
Our software allows brands, agencies, media companies, and independent video creators to access the power of artificial intelligence and machine learning to improve their video performance across social channels.
We gather real-time video intelligence across more than 1.3M creators, 100M consumers, and 2.5B social video attributes and use it to DISCOVER, RECOMMEND, and ANALYZE for our clients.
We believe that video data is the ‘holy grail’ for businesses, because you are what you watch. Understanding how audiences spend their time is understanding what they care about. And truly understanding your audience allows you to craft more meaningful and engaging stories for them.
Here’s a little about us:
- We are self-starters. Each of us owns our projects from start to finish and we share work openly and transparently for feedback across the organization.
- We work in a fast-paced and forward-thinking team environment.
- We like solving hefty problems.
Sound pretty good?
We are looking for talented data scientists who are passionate about joining our revolution in digital video storytelling to join us for a paid summer internship.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work closely with Product and Engineering teams to support data-driven feature development
- Mining, analysis, visualization and modeling of video, comment, and consumer metadata from social media platforms.
- Prototyping and developing algorithms for data science product solutions using Apache Spark and Python.
- Researching, building and developing statistical machine learning models and recommendation systems.
- Using NLP (Natural language processing) to process human language data (from writing and transcribed speech).
- Processing, analyzing and building analytical and predictive classification models on data related to audio, speech, video, image, text and numeric values.
- Using feature analysis and feature engineering for detection and extraction of useful features from raw digital data to derive key insights across projects.
- Developing social network graphs to represent relationships between creators, content and consumers.
EXPERIENCE OR QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Current Graduate-level Student
- Coursework in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Engineering and/or Business Analytics
- Python programming (bonus points for hands-on experience with PySpark, Scikit-Learn, SciPy, NumPy, PyTorch, and/or Tensorflow!)
- Some experience with version control (e.g. Git and GitHub)
To apply for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
No telephone calls, please. Please reference the position you’re applying for in the subject.
ICX Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.